Thursday, March 20, 2008

return.


just now settling into the frigid life up north after spending more than a week at home wearing t-shirts with the sun on my face. i was able to spend time with family and friends as well as attend the ACP workshop keeping my streak alive. in my opinion workshops serve the best purpose when they are kept small and somewhat thrown together. after returning from my holiday in the homeland my first assignment was this portrait. most newspaper photographers hate assignments like pet of the week or building mugs. we have the employee of the month portrait. like most lame assignments if you keep an open mind most of the time they can be fun. i explored the bowels of our paper and found this back storage room. i tried using a strobe, but preferred the naked florescent bulb despite the blown out forehead.