Sunday, June 1, 2008

really great people.





"those who risk win" i've been telling myself and everyone around me that for a couple of years now. i usually apply the concept to photography and encourage people to look outside the box at a situation or how to approach it. well most of you probably already know i said farewell to my job as a staff photographer at the mdn (this is the point where i could say, for a freelance career in some big city, but that would be a lie. if you haven't heard i'm moving to whitesburg, kentucky to help my friend joel with his bat studies for the summer. i plan on figuring it out along the way.) i also said farewell to some really great people. to everyone who has shown me much kindness over the past three years i'd like to say thank you. you are all wonderful and you made michigan a great place to be. i would especially like to thank my gracious and amazing friends buford and mindy. your generosity toward the end of my time in michigan allowed me the opportunity to move on and made my final memories of midland some of the best of all. it was so nice to end on a high note and you guys made it happen. thank you. and all images seen on this blog can be credited to the lemon keefe connection by their continued generosity of the new fowty D. you guys are unbelievably kind and genuine. true salt of the earth and i can't thank you enough. please check out KEVIN'S BLOG to see pictures from my final send off party held in the ol' backyard southern style, equipped with plenty of starting fluid, tiki torches, good people, and what my stepmother likes to call my "go to hell hat".
and to ryan and kevin, keep er between the ditches and don't piss into the wind. you have both given me far more than i can return. thank you for the inspiration, support, education, and occasional kick in the ass. keep it rural.

2 comments:

RockStar said...

dang. i miss you already. lunches just won't be the same.

Keith King said...

Best of luck Brett ! I'll see ya down the road.