Thursday, September 13, 2007

mr. norton.


In a fenced in patio at Nottingham Place senior living center, Arland Norton sits quietly with his hands folded as his daughter Jenn Hitchcock asks him if he can remember his parent's names. "He can usually remember their names, but he doesn't remember mine anymore," Hitchcock said of her father who has Alzheimer's. "He's been my rock for a lot of years. Never did I believe I'd be in this position," Hitchcock said of watching her father's diminishing condition.

i just thought i'd copy the caption for this one. it hit home hanging out with mr. norton and his family because i'm affraid that my own family will have to face the same sad truth in the future with my grandmother. she doesn't look at my blog, but i love you grandma.

1 comment:

Luann said...

I love the emotion and intensity of this picture you can just feel Mr. Norton's confusion without reading the caption.

I am very glad Megan tagged you and led me to your beautiful photography.

As for the migrant kids with the gun while I would love to snatch the gun out of his cute little hand you did catch the reality of his life, and that is what make the photo so honest!